And Now a Word From The Sponsor

Welcome to my site and thank you for reading. After many times thinking, if only I had a blog, well-- here we are. This blog will feature writings on a variety of topics from roadside food, to leadership in the fire service; politics; culture- gay, straight, and indifferent, my experiences in Ohio, New York and beyond; and much much more. It's my hope that you will find it interesting and that it stirs at least some thought and discussion. I am certain you wont always agree, but that is what its all about right? Oh and one more thing:

The views expressed on this site are entirely my own. They do not reflect in anyway the views or positions of my employer (s) and should not taken as official policy of ANY organization with which I am associated. Reading or sharing any post from this site shall be taken as an indication that you have read this disclaimer and understand it.



Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday's Poem

June 26, 2008
 by: Christopher Blake Carver 

It was the greatest gift I gave
The sacrifice that I didn’t pause to make.
It was never a question of if
            But how much
Never a question of when
            But how often
Never did I batter you with the word no
Never did I force you to bear
            A single unwanted, undesired moment
There was no burden of yours that I did not happily carry
No cut that I did not make every effort to heal
I followed behind, walked in front, and paced alongside
Protecting, providing, reducing and easing.
At each and every dimmed moment
            I cast my light with every bit of energy I could summon.
After all the weight of you I chose to carry,
A weight you so happily transferred,
Is it any wonder, that in this solitary night,
When your head finds a different place to lie
I feel no emotion as strongly
            As exhaustion

No comments:

Post a Comment