What would you think if this was the platform of someone who ran for office in your community? How likely would you be to vote for him or her?
1. PROTECTING our community with an effective, proactive, community based approach to public safety services.
2. GROWING our tax base through smart and sustainable development- which will bring quality jobs, reduce poverty, and improve our way of life.
3. ENCOURAGING every member of our community, every group, every club, every church, every business, and every union to get involved and work together to build better citizens, better neighborhoods, and a better future.
4. SAVING taxpayer dollars by reducing duplication of services and wasteful spending and leveraging cooperation and coordination with our government partners and business community.
5. INVESTING in our communty's future through smart, results based spending on infrastructure, improvements, and city services.
6. PARTNERING with neighboring and regional governments and the private sector to solve problems, cut government expenses, share knowledge and move our community forward.
7. OPENING MINDS by working with our schools and universities to improve our local educational opportunties, encourage the arts and train the next generation of American workers and Small business owners.
8. CELEBRATING our shared history; our wonderful diversity; and what we can accomplish when we work together, feel safe, valued, and respected and care about all of our neighbors.
9. REACHING OUT to those in our community affected by Addiction; Poverty, Discrimination, and Mental Health Issues to connect them with the help and support they need to overcome their challenges, live happy successful lives and be productive members of society.
10. LEADING our community forward by being ready to listen, to work hard, and to help bring people together.